Federal Security Service (FSB) published a list of information the receipt of which by foreign states, citizens and international organizations can be “used against the security” of Russia.
In particular, among the data that can be used against Russia, the following are indicated:
- information on the assessment and forecasts of the development of the military-political, strategic situation;
- information about the location, names, organizational structure, weapons and the number of military personnel;
- information about the mobilization, combat and mobilization training of troops;
- information about the observance of the rule of law and the “moral and psychological climate” in the troops;
- personal data of military personnel and their families;
Also, the list of information prohibited for dissemination includes any information concerning the state corporation Roscosmos.
We are talking about the following data:
- information on the target programs of Roscosmos, information on the procedure, timing and amount of financing of the company;
- information about the problems, including financial and economic ones, hindering the development of Roscosmos;
- information on the technical condition and readiness to perform tasks for the purpose of spacecraft launch vehicles and ground space infrastructure;
- information on the creation and implementation of space technologies in the interests of the country’s defense and state security;
- information on the development of space nuclear power;
- information disclosing the initial data for the conclusion of international treaties in the field of space activities.
Recall that the charge of disclosing classified information was brought against the former journalist of Kommersant and Vedomosti, Ivan Safronov, who, according to the FSB, transmitted data containing state secrets using a special encryption program. He faces up to 20 years in prison. Safronov denies his guilt and connects the persecution with his journalistic activities.
According to Open Media, the investigation believes that when collecting and transmitting information, Safronov allegedly used the VeraCrypt encryption system. VeraCrypt is a popular product used by both journalists and lawyers. In addition, VeraCrypt does not encrypt messages – it is a program for encrypting data on the storage drive.
Safronov was detained on the morning of July 7th. Later became knownthat the FSB of the Russian Federation opened a criminal case against Safronov under the article “Treason”. Later, the Lefortovo court in Moscow arrested Safronov for 2 months. Earlier, two months of arrest were requested by the investigation.
Court session passed behind closed doors, in spite of the fact that the case does not yet contain materials classified as “secret”. According to the FSB, Rogozin’s advisor collected and transmitted to a representative of the special services of one of the Alliance countries information about military-technical cooperation, defense and security of Russia, which constituted a state secret.